Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Gathering - Anne Enright

I have completed my first book from the Notable and Man Booker challenges. The Gathering by Anne Enright was a different style of book for me. I was intrigued by the subject matter, but was uncomfortable reading the style of writing the book was written in.

This was probably the most beautifully written book. Some reviews are quoted as saying "quality writing" and "pure poetry." I guess one review said it best, "one that requires more that one reading with which to fully come to grips." Maybe it was too over my head, because some parts I just didn't get. However, I am glad that I read it and opened myself up to other styles of writing. That was one of my goals this year - to broaden my reading. If I have time, maybe I will read it again and see if I get some of the parts that didn't do it for me the first time around.



Photobucket

You can read my full review here.

Rating: 3/5
Pages: 260
Completed: 02/17/08


0 Comments: