Saturday, January 30, 2010

Naked in Death - J.D. Robb

Title: Naked in Death
Author: J.D. Robb
Publisher: Berkley
Published: 1995
Pages: 314
Genre: Romantic Suspense/Futuristic
Series: In Death - Book #1

Wow...what a fantastic start to, what I believe, is going to be a great series. I know I am a little behind in starting...I think she has written 29 books with a few novellas thrown into the mix.

This series' heroine is the tough homicide detective, Eve Dallas. It is set in the future, approximately 2058. While investigating a series of murders, Eve meets up with the enigmatic Roarke. He is one of her main suspects, but she can't help but be drawn in by his sharp good looks, charming attitude, and his tough as nails reputation.

Even though this is a futuristic book, the reader doesn't get bogged down in excessive detail. The story flows, and the advanced society and technology are believable. With all the suspense and intrigued packed into this one book, it had me guessing until the end about the identify of the killer.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 5/5
Pages: 408 (eBook)
Completed: 1/3/10

1 Comment:

Christine said...

Hi Kara!
I'm so glad you loved this first book!!! I only just finished book 5 and am still so excited that there are something like 32 still ahead! LOL!

I'm still waiting for someone to invent the AutoChef....


p.s. I can't believe how many reading challenges you joined for 2010. And I though I went overboard. ;p

Looks like you're off to a good start, though, already having read 10 books. I've read half that.

Happy reading! :)