Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Playboy Sheikh's...Sharon Kendrick

Title: The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl
Author: Sharon Kendrick
Publisher: Harlequin Presents
Published: Aug 2009
Pages: 177
Genre: Category Romance
Series: The Royal House of Karedes

I read this book due to the fact that I had a "Title" requirement for my Harlequin/Silhouette Challenge, and I needed a Category Romance for my TBR #2 Challenge. Go here to see other TBR Challenge participants.

If it hadn't been for those two Challenges...I probably wouldn't have finished reading it. Just wasn't my idea of a "Sheikh" romance. Typical arrogant sheikh and virgin heroine. However, Kaliq was a little over the top in his arrogance...and I quote "I excite the attention of women wherever I go - they are naturally drawn to my power and virility." His term of endearment he uses in regards to Eleni is...Lizard. I have a real problem being compared to a lizard. Now, Eleni I kind of liked. She stood up to his arrogance and didn't have a problem speaking her mind even though she was his stable-girl. The secondary characters I liked were the horses. Yes, ladies, the horses. I liked the aspect that Eleni was such a great rider. I have a fondness for horses and horsemanship.

Here is the blurb on the back of the book...

Polo-playing sheikh Prince Kaliq loves his women as much as his horses. They're wild, willing, and he's their master!

Stable girl Eleni is a local Calistan. Raised by her brutal father on the horse-racing circuit, she feels unlovable. When her precious horses are given to Sheikh Kaliq, she refuses to be parted from them.

The playboy sheikh is determined to bed Eleni - and when Kaliq realizes she's a virgin, the challenge only beocmes more interesting...



Rating: 2/5
Pages: 177
Completed: 1/18/10

0 Comments: