Here is another reading challenge that I just can't help joining. It is being hosted by Kristi at Passion for the Page. Here are the rules (copied from her page).
The rules are simple:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:
a. an animal in the title of the book
b. an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal that plays a major role in the book
d. a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you'd like ;>)).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragons, mermaids, centaurs, fairies, vampires...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by June 30th ;>).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or just list them as you find them.
6. Books may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossover books with other challenges is permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
I have a few books already on my list - later, I will update my post with the rest of them.
Here is what I have so far:
- Rescuing Sprite by Mark R. Levin
- Marley and Me by John Grogan
- Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards
- COVER - Tallchief by Dinah McCall 2/8/09; Review
- TURNS INTO - Heart of the Winter Wolf by Dani Harper 5/29/09; Review