Saturday, June 28, 2008

What an Animal Challenge 2008

What An Animal

Here is another reading challenge that I just can't help joining. It is being hosted by Kristi at Passion for the Page. Here are the rules (copied from her page).

The rules are simple:

1. Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:
a. an animal in the title of the book
b. an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal that plays a major role in the book
d. a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you'd like ;>)).

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragons, mermaids, centaurs, fairies, vampires...you get the idea...

3. Challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by June 30th ;>).

4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.

5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or just list them as you find them.

6. Books may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).

7. Crossover books with other challenges is permitted and encouraged.

8. You don't have to blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.

I have a few books already on my list - later, I will update my post with the rest of them.

Here is what I have so far:

  1. Rescuing Sprite by Mark R. Levin
  2. Marley and Me by John Grogan
  3. Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards
  4. COVER - Tallchief by Dinah McCall 2/8/09; Review
  5. TURNS INTO - Heart of the Winter Wolf by Dani Harper 5/29/09; Review

I just love animal books (even the werewolf, vampire kind) and can't wait to get started on this challenge!!

2 Comments:

Kristi said...

Me too, Kara! I'm glad you joined the challenge and I can't wait to hear about the books you've read. I'm sure my TBR mountain is going to get bigger as I visit participants ('cause it already has ;>)). Happy reading!

Nise' said...

Marley and Me is on my all time favorite book list.