Monday, February 15, 2010

Coming Undone - Lauren Dane

Title: Coming Undone
Author:  Lauren Dane
Publisher:  Penguin
Published:  2010
Pages:  291
Genre:  Erotic Contemporary Romance

Lauren Dane is a "new to me" author and all I can say is I will be reading more of her books in the future!! Coming Undone is the second book in a duet, but against all I believe in...I read this one out of order. I just couldn't wait for Laid Bare, the first book, to come in the mail.

I absolutely loved this book. Even though it is a gentle romance...meaning it is not fraught with major conflicts...it is a compassionate love story packed full of raw emotion, family dynamics, and scorching passion. It is a character driven book that is heartfelt, has you pulling for the main characters, warming to the secondary characters, and fanning yourself as the passion flames up the pages!!

I fell in love with Brody the minute he was introduced in the story. I mean, who doesn't want an alpha hero whose kind and compassionate as well as strong and sexy!!! I love how both of the main characters are well-adjusted, capable of taking care of their own, and not afraid of their own sensuality. Like I said before, there isn't any major conflict...except between Elise and her in-laws...and the love story between Brody and Elise grrows over time...I think the book covers about 18 months of their relationship.

Elise has overcome a life-altering past, but she is a strong woman, capable of taking care of herself, her family, and moving on with her life. Brody is your average guy, although he has had to raise his two siblings from a young age, he hasn't got a lot of hangups. He just doesn't want commitment right at the moment...he is happy being a free spirit. They meet one day, after Brody gets run over by a drunk driver...she is there to call the ambulance and take care of him until help arrives. When they first meet the sparks begin to fly until they burst into flames later on in the story. I just loved how their love for each other grew over time, they became best friends, leaning on each other without becoming overly dependent. They are characters that are going to stay with me long after I have put the book on my shelf (my keeper shelf for sure). For those that want a comfortable romance, with down to earth characters that burn up the pages...then Coming Undone is for you. This is definitely going to be a reread for me!!!

You can read the blurb on the back of the book plus a delicious excerpt on Lauren Dane's website.

I can't wait until my copy of Laid Bare arrives, it is the story of Brody's sister.



Rating: 4.5/5
Pages:  291
Completed: 2/15/10

0 Comments: