Friday, February 26, 2010

Release - Beth Kery

Title:  Release
Author:  Beth Kery
Publisher: Penguin
Published:  2010
Pages: 328
Genre: Erotic Romance

I can't seem to put Beth Kery's books down once I start reading them...the pages just keep turning, the magic keeps flowing, and the suspense grabs you until you just have to finish reading the book.  Then when you are done, you hate the fact that you read it so fast!! Even though the book has a strong, powerful Dom/sub relationship, which I don't usually read, it was written in such a way that you understood and felt the explosive emotions, and scorching passion between the two characters. The fears and uncertainty were believable and were assuaged with such caring, patience, and heartfelt love. I am not going to go into specific detail as to what the passionate scenes entail...but if you want to know before reading the book...there is a great review on Amazon by Jane Stewart that details exactly what is in the book.

I was a recent winner of this book...over at Seductive Musings...and got an autographed copy. I was so excited when it came in the mail!!! I really loved this book. Sean is a ruggedly handsome man with a New Orleans drawl that made me weak in the knees whenever I imagined how his voice would sound. He knew exactly what he wanted in the bedroom and knew exactly how to achieve his desires. Ginny is confused about her wants and needs...having grown up with conservative beliefs...she is scared of the feelings and desires that Sean awakens. He is understanding of these concerns and tries to help her overcome them and starts to build a trust between them that is needed in this type of relationship.

There is only one scene that bothered me...when he leaves her in a vulnerable position to take care of some business...business that includes keeping her safe. I don't know why that didn't sit well with me...I think putting myself in her place...I would be scared, mad, and even a little apprehensive about trusting him again.

Here is a bit of the blurb on the back of the book...
And so a memorable night in the company penthouse, Max and Sean showed Genny the heights of ecstacy...But as Ginny soon learns, there's a price to pay for such impulsive pleasure. What began as a night of forbidden desire quickly spirals into a whirlpool of murder, sensual submission, and secrets. And a scorching passion that threatens to consume everyone it touches.
The suspense and intrigue behind the story kept me turning the pages to see what the outcome would be...who murdered the victim; why; and would Ginny and Sean get their HEA?

You can read more about this book over at Beth Kery's website.



Rating: 4/5
Pages:  328
Completed:  2/21/10

0 Comments: