Another day, another challenge. I really need to stop joining challenges and start reading again - and posting my completed challenges for 2008 - LOL. However, I have found this little gem of a challenge being hosted by Books and Other Stuff. The 9 books for 2009 challenge is to help the reader diminish that ever growing TBR stack. So, all books must be in your book stack or storage area.
Here are some more of the rules:
1. Only 3 books can be used in other challenges.
2. Books can be from any Genre (as long as they fit the categories listed below).
3. The challenge starts 12/27/08 and goes to 12/27/09. (she hates starting anything on January 1st).
4. There will be rewards throughout the challenge.
Here are the 9 categories:
1. A Long Book (a book longer than what you normally read)
2. A Free Book
3. A Dusty Book (a book that has been in your TBR stack for 3 years or more)
4. A Used Book (one that was owned by someone else and you paid for it)
5. A Letter Book (choose a letter in your name and find it anywhere in title of book)
6. A Strange Book (read outside your comfort area)
7. A Distance Book (calculate the distance from you to author's birthplace or setting)
8. Alive or Not Book (a book nominated or won a literary award or a dead author)
9. A Cover Book (either a beautiful cover or an ugly cover)
There are certain pieces of information about the book that she wants posted in the comment section. So, in order to get all the rules - please see the blog created for this challenge.
I will post a list of my books as I choose and read them.
- Long - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 1/19/09; Review
- Free - Daring to Dream by Sherrill Quinn 2/2/09; Review
- Dusty - Home Fires by Luanne Rice 3/22/09; Review
- Used - Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz 2/3/09; Review
- Distance - The Italian's Ruthless Marriage Command by Helen Bianchin 2/25/09; Review
- Cover - Just Try Me by Jill Shalvis 1/21/09; Review