Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Outlander Challenge 2009

The Outlander Challenge is just that - read the Outlander books in 2009. I really want to read this series. I started Outlander in 2008 but got sidetracked and never got back to it. I will start from the beginning in 2009 - just want to recapture the essence of the book instead of starting where I had left off.

The only problem I see with this challenge is they want you to complete the challenge prior to the new book, An Echo in the Bone, which is due to be released in September. Wow, that's a lot of reading to do in 9 months. I am up for the challenge...just don't know how realistic it will be for me to complete it by September. I might change the rules for myself to be to read all the books, including the new one, by December. I'll see how I progress.

Here is the list of books:

  1. Outlander 01/19/09; Review
  2. Dragonfly in Amber
  3. Voyager
  4. Drums of Autumn
  5. The Fiery Cross
  6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes
  7. An Echo in the Bone (due out in September 2009)

This challenge is being hosted by Michele at A Readers Respite and Amy at Passages to the Past.

1 Comment:

Michele said...

Kara - you are more than welcome to tweak the rules to suit your reading!! Whatever makes the whole thing the most fun for you!

For what it's worth, I don't think I'll finish them before the new one is released. I'm just aiming for finishing them by this time next year so I can enjoy Echo in the Bone!