Saturday, December 20, 2008

14th Challenge Completed

I completed the Fall Into Reading Challenge!! It was fun and easy to do. Thank you Katrina for hosting this fantastic challenge.

In our wrap up post she has given us some questions to answer.

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?

No, not the ones that I had originally posted. My tastes changed throughout the Fall and even though I want to read those books still - I didn't have the interest at the time.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?

I changed the list as I went along, however I did read the same number of books that I had originally planned.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?

My favorite book was Summer Light by Luanne Rice. She is one of my favorite authors and she didn't disappoint with this book!! It was a romance where the wedding was at the beginning and the story was about their trials and tribulations throughout their marriage. It was beautifully written and had me reaching for the tissues on numerous occasions!! Here is a link to my review.

My least favorite book was Out of the Mist by Joann Ross. It was a romance too, but it just didn't cut it for me. The heroine was too accepting of the hero's lies. He accused her of being a thief throughout the book - but in the end she didn't mind. It did, however, have some good parts too.

Did you learn something new because of the Fall Into Reading challenge?—something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about?

I learned that I tend to stay in the romance genre - whether it is historical, paranormal, mystery, suspense, intrigue, etc. I can't help it...I like a happy ever after - LOL. I do venture into other areas and enjoy them - but I am a true romantic at heart.

What was your favorite thing about the Fall Into Reading challenge?

I enjoyed challenging myself to read a certain number of books in a certain amount of time. I also liked looking at all the blogs and seeing what other people were reading. My TBR list has grown by leaps and bounds.

To see the original post where I have listed all my books and their reviews, you can go here.


8 Comments:

Brittanie said...

Hi Kara
I think my favorite type of book is romantic suspense. Dee Henderson is my favorite author. I love all her books but her O'Malley series is great. :)

Just Mom said...

Congratulations on what you accomplished with the challenge!

SmilingSally said...

I don't like romance genre, but I do like happily ever after. Here's my wrap-up post:

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html

Robin M said...

I am getting more and more into the romance genre as time goes by. Especially romantic suspense and paranormal romance. Congratulations on completing what you did.

Robin of mytwoblessings

Beth F said...

Congrats!! It's a great feeling to finish a challenge.

Beth F said...

Good job on finishing!

I wrote my wrap-up post last month here.

Nise' said...

Great job on this challenge. Looks like we are participating in a lot of the same challenges for 2009. Happy Reading.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

My usual "genre of choice" is mystery or suspense -- sometimes that overlaps with romance, often it's more toward the thriller end. But, like you, I definitely have my favorite kind of books. :) Thanks again for being part of FIR '08!