Monday, April 26, 2010

"D" is for Deadbeat - Sue Grafton

TIME TO CELEBRATE THE AUTHOR


Sue Grafton is this month's celebrated author. Each month we are to choose one author whose birthday falls within the current month. I chose Sue Grafton because of my love of the Kinsey Millhone series!!



Title:  "D" is for Deadbeat
Author:  Sue Grafton
Publisher: Bantam
Published: 1987
Pages:  240
Genre:  Cozy Mystery
Series:  Kinsey Millhone Mysteries - Book #4 

I know I have only completed 4 books in this series...but I can say that this is one of my favorite series to read! I love Sue Grafton's rich descriptions of people and events. Her recurring characters are quirky and fun to follow throughout the books. The mysteries are intriguing, and she has a way of telling a story that captures the reader from the first page and keeps their attention until the last. I have the next book in the series on hold at the library. Although, her writing is so engaging that I am thinking about collecting the series for myself.
He called himself Alvin Limardo, and the job he had for Kinsey was cut-and-dried: locate a kid who'd done him a favor and pass on a check for $25,000. It was only later, after he'd stiffed her for her retainer, that Kinsey found out his name was Daggett. John Daggett. Ex-con. Inveterate liar. Chronic drunk. And dead. The cops called it an accident -- death by drowning. Kinsey wasn't so sure.
So here's to you Sue Grafton, I hope your birthday month was a grand one!!

0 Comments: