Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bed of Roses - Nora Roberts

Title:  Bed of Roses
Author:  Nora Roberts
Publisher:  Berkley
Published:  2009
Pages:  335
Genre:  Romance
Series:  Bride Quartet - Book #2

Hero:  Jack Cooke
Heroine:  Emma Grant

Out of the three Bride Quartet books that I have read, I think that Emma's story was my favorite. Her hopes and dreams about romance and marriage match my own, so I really connected with the her. Not only did I love the background information on flower arranging and all the ins and outs of preparing flowers for a wedding, I enjoyed the interaction between the friends in all the books.

For those that haven't heard about this quartet...it is about four childhood friends that grow up and form a wedding planning company together. Each book is about one of the friends and finding their happily ever after. Emma's story is filled with laughter, angst and a tear-jerker of an ending. Jack's insecurities about commitment has Emma questioning whether he is her Mr. Right. Jack has been a long-time friend of the women, so he is a little apprehensive of dating Emma. Yet, the sparks fly when they finally get together...but is the commitment that Emma longs for going to get in the way? The ending scene is simply perfect and will have romance lovers grabbing a tissue or two.

You can read my full review at World According to Books.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Rating: 4.75/5
Pages:  335
Completed:  4/10/10

1 Comment:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Great review, Kara!! I have this one, I heard it was better than the first!