Friday, May 21, 2010

Instant Attraction - Jill Shalvis

Title:  Instant Attraction
Author:  Jill Shalvis
Publisher:  Kensington Brava
Published:  2009
Pages:  302
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Series:  Wilder Brothers - Book #1

There is just something about Jill Shalvis' writing that warms my heart, makes me laugh (in a good way), and brings tears to my eyes. Her characters endear themselves to me so that I think about them long after I have read her books. I love the witty dialogue, the laugh out loud moments, the scorching passion, and the tender romance. Instant Attraction excels at all that and more. It is the first book in a trilogy and is the story of the youngest Wilder brother, Cameron. I can't wait to get my hands on the second one so that I can continue to be a part of the "world" that Jill Shalvis has created. And also to get to know some new characters as well as revisit the old.

Katie Kramer has always been a "good girl." However, after surviving a devastating accident, she longs for adventure and "amazing sex."  (LOL) So she takes off from L.A. and heads up into the Sierra Madre Mountains to take on a temporary position as bookkeeper for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. I really enjoyed Katie...she didn't back down from a situation just because her fears got in the way. She plowed through her feelings and came out stronger and more self-reliant on the other side. Her grit and determination to not let the accident rule her life were two of the things that made her such a great character.

Cameron Wilder is the prodigal brother...returning after wandering the world to come to terms with his life-changing accident. After giving up his dreams of professional snow boarding and still not sure he will ever have a new "dream," he returns home to face his family. Even though they welcome him with open arms, he doesn't know where he fits in with his brothers' business...or doesn't even know if he wants to be a part of it. His heart is off limits to everyone..."Still, Katie's killer smile triggers something deep in his gut...among other places." He is determined to show her how "exhilarating" life can be...and she is determined to show him how to open his heart again.

You can read my full review at World According to Books.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Rating: 4/5
Pages: 302
Completed: 3/27/10


2 Comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Awesome review, I love the cover!!

Islandgirl Evy said...

Oh thanks Kara, I finally figured it out!