Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Master of Blacktower - Barbara Michaels

Due to many recommendations about Barbara Michaels, I decided to pick up her first book (written in 1967) and try it out. I am one of those crazy people that have to read books in order even though they aren't in a series. Anyway, Barbara Michaels is another name that Barbara Mertz writes under (she also writes under Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody series).

Even though this was written in 1967, I really liked the book. It was filled with lots of intrigue and suspense. It is a blend of romance and gothic mystery set in the 1800's. Wasn't quite sure how this one was going to end - which I definitely love in a good mystery.

Photobucket

You can read my full review here.

Rating: 4/5
Pages: 250
Completed: 4/18/08



0 Comments: