Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Never Change - Elizabeth Berg

I really enjoyed this book, although I do have to warn that it is definitely a tear-jerker. I identifed with the main character in so many ways.

Mira Lipinsky is a fifty-one year old woman who immerses herself in her career as a visiting nurse and dotes on her dog Frank. She is reasonably content - or so she thinks - until Chip Reardon shows up in her life again. This time as her patient.


The New Yorker is quoted as saying, "...comes a wry and beautifully distilled portrait of one woman's resilience in the face of loneliness, and of a union that transcends life's most unexpected and challenging circumstances."

Here is a quote from the book:

"You know people like me. I'm the one who sat in a folding chair out in the hall selling tickets to the prom but never going, the one everybody liked but no one wanted to be with."

You can read my full review here.


I am definitely listing this as one of my Top Ten reads of the year.

Rating: 5/5
Pages: 214
Completed: 4/13/08

0 Comments: