Friday, April 11, 2008

I Heard it Through the Grapevine Challenge 2008

COMPLETED 11/30/08

I Heard it Through the Grapevine

I came across this little gem of a challenge being hosted by Lynne and decided, "What the Heck, what's another challenge?"

This one doesn't start until June 1, 2008 and runs through November 30. The rules are simple. Read 3 books that are new to you and recommended by someone else. It can be an author that you have read before, but not the book. By signing up before June 1, you can be included in the prize drawing at the end of the challenge.

Here is my list of books:

1. Talk Before Sleep - Elizabeth Berg - recommended by Lezlie Completed 6/25/08; Review

2. Annie's Song - Catherine Anderson - recommended by Romance Bookclub Completed 9/1/08; Review


3. Delicious - Susan Mallery - recommended by Romance Bookclub
Completed 9/9/08; Review

4. Line of Scrimmage - Marie Force - recommended by J. Kaye Completed 10/5/08; Review

I don't think I will have a problem completing the challenge as I am always reading about recommendations on all the message boards that I am a member of. And a few of my challenges are ending before that date, so I won't be overburdened (yeah...right!!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - You have a blog for just your challenges too! I am having trouble keeping up with two...lol!

Kara said...

I know what you mean - once I finish a book it takes forever to update both blogs and all the challenges!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I deleted my other blog, the one for challenges. I can't do more than one personal blog.

Anonymous said...

Kara - Thanks for joining the challenge. Your invitation to the other blog is "in the mail."