Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Read for your Dreams Challenge 2008

I belong to a reading group called A Novel Challenge and one of the participants, Wendy, keeps track of all the reading challenges out there. She created a "link" database and posts when the challenges will start. This is not good news for me! LOL - it puts me in touch with more challenges out there and I have already over-extended myself as it is.

However, through this group, I came across another challenge that I am definitely interested in. It is called Read For Your Dreams. The rules of the challenge are to read 10 books (either fiction or non-fiction) that relate to your dream. Choose one thing you dream about doing (traveling, living in Italy, becoming a chef, etc.) and read 10 books the directly relate to that dream. They can either be fiction (a character that is living out your dream) or non-fiction. The challenge runs from April 1 to December 31, 2008.

My dream is to either live in Scotland or Ireland. I know, two subjects, but I really can't decide between the two - I love both places so much. Most of my reading about Scotland dates back to medieval times. I like the rich history and the celtic mythology. With Ireland, I usually read both current and historical books.

So, here is my tentative list:

Scotland:

  1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  2. Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband by Melissa Mayhue 12/7/08; Review
  3. The Master of Blacktower by Barbara Michaels 4/18/08; Review
  4. Taming the Highlander by Terri Brisbin 8/15/08; Review
  5. Highland Destiny by Hannah Howell 9/11/08; Review

Ireland:

  1. Jewels of the Sun - Nora Roberts 04/24/08; Review


2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining, Kara! I've put up a page for participants to link to their reviews of books for the challenge at http://teenbookreview.wordpress.com/read-for-your-dreams-reading-challenge/participant-page/.

Anonymous said...

Or, since that link didn't work, just go to my blog and it's in the sidebar.