Friday, May 2, 2008

The Summerhouse - Jude Deveraux

Well, I tried another Jude Deveraux book (thanks to Walking on Sunshine). I have to say that this book made me laugh, cry, wish for a second chance, and hope for the future. Leslie, Madison, and Ellie each get a chance to discover what would happen if they had chosen a different path in their lives when they were twenty-one. Would they finally find their heart's desire or would they choose the life they have now?

While I know that going back is impossible, going forward doesn't necessarily mean to go forward on the path we are on now. The future holds our hopes and dreams and we can change what we are today to what we want to be tomorrow. This book made me take stock of my life, my choices, my hopes, and my dreams. I have come to realize that, though I can't change the past, I need to make a few changes in order to have the future that I want.

Jude Deveraux writes the three individual stories with fascinating detail. However, she ties all three stories together to keep with the main focus of the book. This was a thought-provoking and entertainingly great read!!!


You can read my full review here.

Rating: 4/5
Pages: 362
Completed: 5/1/08

0 Comments: