Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Whitcoulls Challenge

Whitcoulls

Thanks to Maria, who helped me add a third column to my blog, I have discovered another challenge hosted by her. The challenge started in November so I am two months behind, but I am joining it anyway because of the book selection. A lot of the books on the Whitcoulls List are ones that I have being wanting to read for some time. There are also a couple of new authors (new to me) that I have wanted to read.

So here is my list - I know I probably won't make it through all twelve with the other challenges I am involved in - but some overlap and at least it will tempt me to read the books that have been waiting patiently on my TBR list.

1998 List:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Lee Harper
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
4. Killing Floor by Lee Child

2002 List:
5. The Bone People by Keri Hulme
6. Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
7. The Bridges of Madison County by Robert Waller
8. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher

2006 List:
9. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
10. A Painted House by John Grisham 01/21/08; Review
11. Tara Road by Maeve Binchy
12. The Golden Compass (Northern Lights) by Philip Pullman

Northern Lights is on the list, but in the U.S. it is called The Golden Compass.


1 Comment:

Maria said...

Great selection! I'm glad you decided to join :)