Okay, I couldn't help myself on this one - Good ole' Wendy from the last post is hosting a Notable Books Challenge. This is where you choose notable books from a variety of lists (National Book Critics Circle, New York Times 2007 Most Notable, Publisher's Weekly Best Books 2007, and a few more). They can all be seen here.
So, I have accepted the challenge and here are my list of books (a couple overlap with Man Booker but that is okay).
2007 New York Times Most Notable
The Gathering by Anne Enright 02/17/08; Review
2. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
3. Circling My Mother by Mary Gordon (Non-Fiction)
4. The Beautiful Things That Heaven Knows by Dinaw Mengestu
5. How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman (Non-Fiction)
6. Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
7. The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
8. The Father of All Things by Tom Bissell
9. Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
10. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
Publisher's Weekly Best Books 2007
11. What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
12. One With the Shadows by Susan Squires