Wednesday, December 12, 2007

1st in a Series 2008

COMPLETED 12/7/08

1st in a Series


Read 12 books that are the first in any series (new authors not required). You may read your chosen books any time during the year; however, I plan to read one a month.

This challenge runs from January thru December 2008. This challenge is being offerd by Joy at Thoughts of Joy.

Here is my list:

Jacquelyn Frank
The Nightwalkers
#1 Jacob: The Nightwalkers 01/12/08; Review

J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter
#1 HP and the Sorcerer's Stone 02/08/08; Review

Susan Mallery
Buchanans
#1 Delicious 9/9/08; Review

Amanda Ashley
Vampire Series
#1 Night's Kiss 11/06/08; Review

Iris Johansen
Eve Duncan
#1 The Face of Deception 6/18/08; Review

Charlaine Harris
Harper Connelly
#1 Grave Sight 3/26/08; Review

M.C. Beaton
Agatha Raisin
#1 Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death 3/14/08; Review

Stephenie Meyer
Twilight Saga Series
#1 Twilight 04/09/08; Review

Terri Brisbin
MacLerie Series
#1 Taming the Highlander 8/15/08; Review

Kendra Leigh Castle
Werewolf Series
#1 Call of the Highland Moon 11/25/08; Review

Melissa Mayhue
The Daughters of the Glen
#1 Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband 12/7/08; Review

John Sanford
Prey Series
#1 Rules of Prey 7/8/08; Review

There are so many more that I would like to start - but most of these are from my TBR pile and since I would like to reduce that pile - I will choose from these.

My tentative list of 12 is posted on the sidebar.

4 Comments:

Kimberly Swan said...

Kara....The best of luck on your book challenge. :) You missed a post on my blog! Take a peek, I promise it'll make you smile:
http://darquereviews.blogspot.com/2007/12/winner-lynsay-sands-book-giveaway.html

Kara said...

Accckkkkk! I can't believe it, I won Kim's contest for Lynsay Sands books. I will receive The Accidental Vampire, Vampires are Forever, Vampire Interrupted!! I am so excited - Thanks for a great contest Kim!!

Kimberly Swan said...

Congrats! See, it made you smile, right? Happy reading. :)

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! I found you. :)

I just wanted you to know that I took care of your Mister Linky link. Happy Reading, Kara!