Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fear Itself Challenge


The Fear Itself Challenge is being hosted by Donna at Bites - Chomping on Books and Spitting Out Reviews. I really want to work on expanding my reading into areas I don't normally read and this challenge is a great way to do it!!

Between July 1st and December 31st the challenge is to read 3 (yes, just 3) books that under normal circumstances you wouldn't give a second look to. (Doesn't necessarily have to be horror unless that is the type of book you avoid).

There is a catch - you cannot not finish the book and it MUST be reviewed. This will get you to really think about why you liked the book or solidify why you stay away from that particular genre.

To read the full post on the challenge and to sign up - visit the challenge post at Donna's Blog.

There are two genres that I really avoid like the plaque - futuristic and horror - so I guess that is where I am going to start. I need to investigate what books I am going to choose so I will edit this post later and list my reads.

Here is my list:

1.
2.
3.

0 Comments: