Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sanctuary - Nora Roberts

Title: Sanctuary
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: Putnam
Published: 1997
Pages: 438
Genre: Romance/Suspense

I really enjoyed the suspense in this story. Even though I sort of guessed who the stalker was - I still liked the build-up and revelation. Jo Ellen has a stalker, and they keep sending her photographs of herself - showing her that they are watching her every move. After a breakdown, she goes home to Sanctuary Inn to reunite with her dysfunctional family and try to come to terms with what happened to her.

Nathan returns to the vacation spot of his childhood - Sanctuary Inn. He harbors a terrible secret that will tear Jo Ellen's family apart - but does he dare reveal it after love starts to bloom?

The only thing I didn't like in this book were the rape scenes. I wasn't expecting them. I think if I was better prepared to know that the book would have them right in the middle of steamy, romanctic, love scenes - it wouldn't have bothered me so much.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 2.75/5
Pages: 438
Completed: 6/8/09

0 Comments: