Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Reading Challenge

Since I didn't do so well on the Spring Thing Reading Challenge, I thought I would try a Summer Reading Challenge...LOL. This challenge is being hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

The challenge runs from June 21, 2009 to September 21, 2009. All you need to do is make a list of the books you want to read and link back to her post. Then, in September, you do a follow-up post to let everyone know how you did.

Here is my list:

  1. Ocean Between Us by Susan Wiggs
  2. Shelter Mountain by Robin Carr
  3. The Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs
  4. Stealing Home by Sherryl Woods
  5. Montana Creeds: Dylan by Linda Lael Miller
I will also read some Harlequins and some Library Books - so I will definitely be adding to this list once I find out what interests me at the library.

As you can tell, I will be reading a lot of "comfort" "beach" reads this summer. Just sittin back, takin it easy kind of reads.

3 Comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to the challenge Kara! You'll do fine on this challenge... because there really aren't any rules...LOL. All you need to do is read! I didn't stick to my list at all for the last challenge... so it was easy to make the list for this one (just use the same list!)You have a great list~ Susan

RobinfromCA said...

Comfort and beach reads are the best! This challenge is great because you read as much or as little as you want. During the Spring Challenge I read all but the book I quit right in the middle of because I didn't like it. I had read another book about reading books that seemed to give me validation to do that and for the first time I was able to overcome my OCD book reading instincts and not torture myself to the finish. Your list looks great!

joyh82 said...

Love all those authors. I have really gotten into the Carr series.
Good luck with the challenge.