Saturday, June 13, 2009

While My Sister Sleeps - Barbara Delinsky

Title: While My Sister Sleeps
Author: Barbara Delinsky
Publisher: Doubleday
Published: 2009
Pages: 319
Genre: Women's Fiction

Wow...this book made me take a look at my own family relationships and try to see them in a different light. It made me realize that sometimes we think we know those close to us - but maybe deep down there are things kept hidden. Do you reveal all to your family members...or are there things and feelings you keep private?

As her sister lies in a coma, Molly becomes the stronghold for her family - helping them to look deep into themselves and see what really is important - helping them heal their relationships with other family members - and realizing she is stronger and more important than she has always thought.

Here is a quote from the book:

"Letting go wasnt' a betrayal, but rather a pure form of love. But letting go entailed acceptance of reality..."

This book is full of quotes like that - ones that make you sit down and think. I wish I had marked more that meant something to me, but I was so engrossed in the story and my thoughts that I didn't stop to bookmark them.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 4.5/5
Pages: 319
Completed: 6/12/09

0 Comments: