Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole

Title: A Hunger Like No Other
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Pocket Star
Published: 2006
Pages: 384
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Vampires, Werewolves, Valkyries)
Series: Immortals After Dark - Book #1

The TBR Challenge this month was to read about a tortured hero or heroine. Kresley Cole is a new author to me, and I really enjoyed Book #1 of the Immortals After Dark series.

Lachlain is definitely a tortured hero...he is a Lykae and was tortured for over a century by the Vampires only escaping when he scents his true mate. However, he discovers that all may not be Happily Ever After when he discovers that she is half Vampire! Will they get past their prejudices and reach for the happiness that eludes them?

This book was filled with sexual tension, witty dialogue between Emma's family members, and an exciting ending. The only problem I had with this read was that there were so many characters. I had to actually write them down in order to keep them all straight. Could be my aging mind though - LOL. It was a good read and I can't wait until I get the next in the series.



Rating: 3.5/5
Pages: 384
Completed: 6/17/09

0 Comments: