Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wicked Burn - Beth Kery

Title: Wicked Burn
Author: Beth Kery
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Published: 2008
Pages: 352
Genre:
Erotic Romance

All I can say is this in one HAWT read. The book starts out with a bang and doesn't let up. At first I was worried that it was all going to be about their physical relationship. However, after the first really passionate scene, the storyline started revealing itself and I became engrossed in the book.

Vic is the type of hero that is my favorite. He has been hurt in the past and stays away from love, but he is also alpha in every way, talented, strong, and sexy. However, when he does love...he loves with all his heart and will do anything for his woman.

Niall is a quiet, sensitive, caring person trying to deal with the demons of her past. She has overcome the greatest of odds and still reaches out and grabs on to life. Vic reawakens her to passion and helps her to live again. However, she is afraid to reveal her past fearing his judgment as others have judged her.

The one little complaint that I have with this book...and I could be wrong about this...but Vic never does tell Niall that he loves her. We are privy to his feelings, but he never puts a voice to them.

Other than that - this was a fantastic read. I loved Vic's dominant personality and Niall's inner strength. Their personalities complimented each other. The story was written with great emotional depth and strong characterization.

I do have to caution my blog readers - this is a very erotic book - but also a very emotional one with a storyline that captures your heart and tears at your emotions.



Rating: 4/5
Pages: 352
Completed: 4/17/09

0 Comments: