Thursday, January 17, 2008

Amateur Sleuth Challenge 2008

Amateur Sleuth Challenge 2008

I found another challenge that I just had to join. I discovered the group Mystery Reader Cafe and Kari (who runs the group with Linda) is sponsoring this challenge at Another Book on the Shelf. The rules are simple:

1. Read 6 or more books featuring an amateur sleuth.
2. Each sleuth must have a different vocation or hobby (ex. innkeeping, cooking, writing an advice column, owning a craft store, school psychologist, etc.).
3. These can be the first in the series or anywhere else.

Here are my choices:

1. Track the Cat by Nevada Barr (Anna Pigeon - Park Ranger)
2. Silhouette in Scarlet by Elizabeth Peters (Vicky Bliss - Art Historian)
3. Real Murders by Charlaine Harris (Aurora Teagarden - Librarian)
4. Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler (Benni Harper) 2/1/08; Review
5. Aunt Dimity's Good Deed by Nancy Atherton (Ghost) 6/1/08; Review
6. The Unlucky Collie Caper by Georgette Livingston (Jennifer Gray - Veterinarian)
7. Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin) 3/14/08; Review

I think I am really going to enjoy this challenge. I just love cozy mysteries. In fact, someone in the group suggested this site, Cozy Mystery, to find out all the authors that write them. This is an excellent site and a big Thank You to Mystery Reader Cafe for suggesting it!!!


0 Comments: