Friday, December 4, 2009

Dead as a Doornail - Charlaine Harris

Title: Dead as a Doornail
Author: Charlaine Harris
Publisher: Berkley
Published: 2009
Pages: 295
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Sookie Stackhouse - Book #5

I love this series so much...Sookie is a down-to-earth, hardworking, kind, and compassionate heroine. She doesn't have many close friends, but those she does have she considers family...and she'll do anything to protect her family. Charlaine Harris creates a world that you want to return to again and again.

Then, of course, there are the vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural beings. What an array of characters to liven up the night!! Ever since Sookie started dating a vampire (in the first book), she has been pulled into many adventures - some of them deadly.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 4/5
Pages: 295
Completed: 12/4/09



CymLowell

3 Comments:

Amy said...

Came here from Cym Lowell's Book Review Blog Party.

I have not been able to get myself to buy this series at all. I can't get past how absolutely horrible the covers are.

Your review tempts me to look and see if I can find an ecopy somewhere so I don't have to the see wretched art work and perhaps find the great book within.

Thanks for reading and reviewing this series, hoping that your thoughts get me past my aversion to this author.

Happy Reading,
Amy
The Book Bag

Katy said...

LOL I actually think the covers are eye-catching. My mom was reading the series this summer and I kept gazing at the covers. The genre isn't really my cup of tea, but my mom really enjoys it!

Kara said...

Yes, definitely try to get past the covers!! It really is a great series if you love paranormal.