Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dear John - Nicholas Sparks

Title: Dear John
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Publisher: Hatchette
Published: 2006
Pages: 276
Genre: Romance

What can I say...I just love Nicholas Sparks. He has a way of creating a story that takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions!! Always an author that moves me to tears...Dear John lived up to that reputation.

Told from the man's perspective...a love story that shows us what unconditional love is...tugs at the heartstrings...is touching and at times riveting. This one definitely goes on my keeper shelf.

John Tyree meets the girl of his dreams, and the attraction is mutual. But neither can foresee that 9/11 will change all that forcing John to choose between love and country. But Dear John is so much more than just a military love story...it deals with unconditional love...not only between two people, but family members too.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 5/5
Pages: 276
Completed: 12/19/09

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara. Nicholas Sparks is great. If you like him (and obviously you do :) you'll probably want to check out a debut novelist whose Crossing Oceans is coming out this May with Tyndale House. It's sort of in the same genre and really fantastic.

Ane said...

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be anonymous. Forgot to sign my name.

Ane

samantha.1020 said...

Kara, I love Nicholas Sparks too. I just don't read his books often enough. One of my all-time favorite books is The Notebook. Love, love, love both the movie and the book :)