Monday, December 28, 2009

Trial by Fire - Jo Davis

Title: Trial by Fire
Author: Jo Davis
Publisher: Signet
Published: 2008
Pages: 352
Genre: Romance; Suspense
Series: Firefighters of Station Five - Book #1

Jo Davis is a "new to me" author, and she has already made it to my "auto buy" list!! I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series...Under Fire.

Trial by Fire is packed full of sizzling passion, sharp wit, painful memories, page-turning suspense, and intrigue. Can you tell I loved this book? LOL.

Howard "Six-Pack" Paxton is our tortured hero, traumatized by an abusive childhood and targeted by a sadistic killer. Kat is our strong heroine, with the ability to take on Howard, help him overcome tragedy, light up his life by bringing joy and understanding, and match him scorching passion for scorching passion.

I loved their story. Jo Davis has a way of weaving together romance and intrigue without one overshadowing the other. Her characters are crafted in such a way that they stay with you long after the story is over. Her secondary storyline that includes all the members of Station Five makes you want to come back for more!! I can't wait to read their stories and see how Ms. Davis brings them all together.

You can read my full review here.



Rating: 4.5/5
Pages: 352
Completed: 12/27/09


0 Comments: