Sunday, March 8, 2009

Divorced, Desperate and Dating - Christie Craig

Title: Divorced, Desperate, and Dating
Author: Christie Craig
Publisher: Love Spell
Published: 2008
Pages: 353
Genre: Romance Mystery
Trilogy: Book #2

What a fun read!! Christie Craig penned a wonderful romance filled with humor and mystery. I fell in love with the hero, Jason. He is afraid of needing anyone due to being raised in foster homes after his mother abandoned him. He is fiercely protective of Sue after she started receiving death threats, but didn't know what to do with his overwhelming feelings about her. He wanted them to have a HEA, but didn't quite know how to go about getting there.

Sue is a murder mystery writer who has a terrible habit of picking the wrong man. Nothing seems to go right for her - and the quirky secondary characters that she is involved with make the story very funny. The dialog is witty, the passion is explosive, and the romance is slow to build, but ends with a definite bang. The mystery behind the story of who wanted Sue dead had me guessing until the end. I kept going down the same paths Jason did as to who was behind the threats.

It kind of has that "Pretty Woman" ending - and since I loved that movie - I loved this book. I am definitely going back and reading the first in the trilogy and will be getting my hands on the third book when it comes out sometime this year.

You can read my full review here.

Rating: 3.5/5
Pages: 353
Completed: 3/6/09

0 Comments: