Thursday, March 5, 2009

Morning Light - Catherine Anderson

Title: Morning Light
Author: Catherine Anderson
Publisher: Signet
Published: 2008
Pages: 412
Genre: Romance/Psychic
Series: Coulter/Kendrick #8

Even though Morning Light is part of a series, I didn't feel as though I missed out on anything by not reading the other books first. I can't believe I just said that - I never read a series out of order - but I just couldn't help myself on this one. The cover is so beautiful, and I really liked the back of the book blurb - I just had to read it.

Some say that there was too much religion in this book, but I didn't feel that way. Clint and Loni are both dedicated to their beliefs and discussions do come up about how psychics are viewed in the Catholic religion - but I didn't feel that it was being forced down my throat. Yes, there was prayer, discussions about believing in God and trusting Him for guidance, and descriptions of them practicing their faith. However, it was a bit refreshing to read about people devoted to their faith falling in love and having a "happily ever after." I know some people who don't like this subject in their books they read - so I would recommend staying away from this one. However, if it doesn't bother you - then this was a great story. It's filled with suspense, humor, gently sensual, and delivers a great HEA.

I love a bit of paranormal in my books and Catherine Anderson doesn't disappoint. Loni is born with second sight and has vowed to ignore her gifts after several heartbreaking events and too much notoriety in the papers. However, when she sees a little boy lost in the wilderness, she just has to contact his father and warn him of the dangers. Clint is a hard working rancher who, after being contacted by Loni, believes she is a lunatic, nutcase, and slightly off her rocker. She has to be because he doesn't have a son. However, events soon unfold that have Clint believing in the supernatural and together they set off to save the boy.

You can read my full review here.

Rating: 3.75/5
Pages: 412
Completed: 3/3/09

0 Comments: